Resources for learning Python in 2020
25th Jan 2020
Updated on 8th Apr 2020
Earlier this week, I learned that I'll be working less on unmock-js and more our latest open-source namesake, Meeshkan. The main difference? Meeshkan is written in Python... which I've never used before 🙀
So I asked folks on Twitter for their favorite Python resources and gathered them into a little list (in no particular order). Enjoy!
- Fluent Python by Luciano Ramalho
- Learn Python the Hard Way by Zed A. Shaw
- Programming in Python 3: A Complete Introduction to the Python Language by Mark Summerfield
- Coding the Matrix by Philip N. Klein
- The Python Apprentice by Robert Smallshire and Austin Bingham
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming by Al Sweigart
- Head First Python, 2nd Edition by Paul Barry
- Other Python books by No Starch Press
- 🆓 Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) by University of Michigan on Coursera
- 🆓 Introduction to Python by Microsoft
- Learn Python 3 by Codecademy
- AI Programming with Python Nanodegree by Udacity
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python Programming by Al Sweigart on Udemy
- Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3 by Jose Portilla on Udemy
- Various courses by Rice University on Coursera
- 🆓 11 Beginner Tips for Learning Python Programming by Krishelle Hardson-Hurley on Real Python
- 🆓 Learn Python in 10 minutes by Stavros Korokithakis
- 🆓 Python Programming Tutorials by Geeks for Geeks
- 🆓 Various entry-level Python tutorials by @codespent
- 🆓 More recommended tutorials by the Python community on Stack Overflow
- 🆓 Python Tutorial for Beginners by Programming with Mosh
- 🆓 Python - Intro to Computer Science - Harvard's CS50 (2018) by freeCodeCamp
- 🆓 Python Tutorials by Corey Schafer
Have any resources you think should be on this list? Tweet at us and we'll add it.
Don’t miss the next post!
Absolutely no spam. Unsubscribe anytime.