Weekly metrics for your GitHub repos with VANITY
Apr 3, 2020
After searching for a way to gather weekly analytics on GitHub repositories and coming empty handed, we decided to build our own solution. So, we developed VANITY.
VANITY sends you a weekly email with a list of your repositories. Each repo is captioned with its latest metrics and a comparison to the previous week's performance.
The entire project is open source and you can check out the source code on VANITY's GitHub repo.
It is powered by the following dependencies and technologies (in no particular order):
- Queue managemenet by Bull
- Job persistence with Heroku Redis
- Emails sent with SendGrid
- Email templates using EJS
- Database models using Sequelize ORM
- Database tables stored in Heroku Postgres
- Hosting on ZEIT Now
- Web application built with Next.js
- CSS design with Tachyons
- Error management with Sentry
There's a lot more that we want to add to VANITY. Here are a few of our ideas:
- Support for organization repositories
- More metrics (such as number of opened/closed issues, opened/closed pull requests, and commits)
- Daily emails
You can keep track of the things we're working on at the VANITY GitHub repository.
Don’t miss the next post!
Absolutely no spam. Unsubscribe anytime.